Monday, July 6, 2015

Be Brave - Take a Risk #KidsDeserveIt

Kids Deserve It.png


While driving today I heard this song, and the lyrics rang so incredibly true to where I am right now.  It’s a song called “Brave” by Nichole Nordeman.


The gate is wide, the road is paved in moderation
The crowd is kind and quick to pull you in
Welcome to the middle ground
You're safe and sound and
Until now it's where I've been

I've never known a fire that didn't begin with a flame
And every storm will start with just a drop of rain

So long status quo, I think I just let go
You make me wanna be brave, I wanna be brave
The way it always was is no longer good enough
You make me wanna be brave


As educators we can quickly, and often without noticing, get swept away in the everyday things.  We get caught up in what’s directly in front of us, that often times we miss the big picture.


This week I had the pleasure of getting to really get to know a member of my PLN, Adam Welcome.  I had interacted with Adam through Twitter and Voxer, but never face to face, until this week at NAESP.  For whatever reason Adam and I hit it off immediately.


After many conversations stemming around pushing ourselves and others outside of our comfort zones and really driving ourselves to do what’s best for kids, an idea was born.


That idea is, Kids Deserve It.  Adam and I are veering off into new and uncharted territory for each of us.  We launched our Twitter on Saturday, and will be officially launching our new blog on Tuesday (July 7th).


This in no way is replacing our current individual blogs.  But through countless conversations, Adam and I just felt like we had been given a mission to complete.  An adventure to travel on together.


We can’t wait to see where the Kids Deserve It adventure takes us, but we believe in being brave, stepping out on a limb, and trying something new that we’re really passionate about.  We hope that you’ll join us for the ride.  We’ll be blogging, tweeting, voxing, pushing boundaries, creating challenges, and so much more.


Along the way we’ll also be seeking out YOUR voice as well and asking for help, opinions, and thoughts from all of our PLN.


So we hope you join us on this new journey we’re taking.  For no other reason than the Kids Deserve It.


Follow us on Twitter at: @KidsDeserveIt
Our New Blog: www.kidsdeserveit.com
Like us on Facebook: Kids Deserve It
Use the Hashtag: #KidsDeserveIt

IMG_3770.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment